The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Rights and obligations

Unfair treatment

If you feel that you have been harassed, or subjected to discrimination or victimisation, you should not hesitate to seek help. You can contact the course coordinator, programme coordinator, programme director or equivalent, study advisor, chief student health and safety representative or student ombudsman. The Medical Association also has a contact form that you can fill in to get direct contact with them.

Contact information for your programme

The actions you can take:

  • If it feels possible, start by telling the victimiser that the behaviour is unwelcome. Sometimes behaviour can be victimising, even if the intention has not been to victimise. Therefore, it is important that the victimiser hears that it is unwelcome and thus can change their behaviour. You can also ask someone you trust for support, or to contact the victimiser, if it feels difficult to do it yourself.
  • Document all events. Note the time and place, what happened, what was said and the reactions. This can constitute important documentation in a possible investigation. Also, save any letters, emails, text messages and other correspondence from the person you feel is subjecting you to victimisation.
  • Talk about it with a fellow student, student union representative, chief student health and safety representative, student ombudsman or some other person you trust.
  • If you contact the University to talk to someone about what has happened, you are entitled to bring along a fellow student or some other person you trust for support.

We take harassment, discrimination and victimisation seriously. On our internal website, you can read more about our procedure for handling this.

Read our administrative procedure on the Faculty of Medicine’s internal website

Have you been reported?

If you are reported for harassment or victimisation, you can contact the student ombudsman for advice. Support can be offered by the Student Health Centre and/or a study advisor.