The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Student work environment and health

As a student at the Faculty of Medicine, you are entitled to a safe student work environment.

In the event of an emergency or immediate danger

Always call SOS Alarm in the event of an emergency or immediate danger: 112

You can also call the University’s emergency number: +46 46-222 07 00 (the number can also be found on the back of your LU card). 

If you find that there are shortcomings in the student work environment on your course/programme or VFU/VIL* placement that affect your wellbeing and health, we want to know about it. We will then investigate to see whether it can and should be addressed. 

*Swedish abbreviations for clinical training placement/practice-integrated learning placement.

Examples of shortcomings in the student work environment

Examples of shortcomings in the student work environment:

  • Poor ventilation, noise, hazardous chemicals, machinery and so on.
  • You are affected by an injury or accident, or you feel that there is a risk of this during lectures, VFU/VIL placements or other occasions linked to your studies.
  • Your timetable is issued too late, retake exams do not materialise, or your studies leave too little time for rest and recovery.
  • You feel that the support of teaching staff is lacking.
  • There is a negative atmosphere in your study group/programme/course.
  • Victimisation, discrimination, harassment or sexual harassment.
  • Other incidents that you as a student feel are problematic and that affect your wellbeing and health
  • Your course/programme/VFU/VILplacement breaks one of the other rules and guidelines in the List of Rights. 
    Read the List of Rights (Lund University main website)


If you experience shortcomings in your student work environment, in the first instance you should contact one of the people below:

Course director
The person responsible for the course you are studying, e.g. one of the course management team or another member of teaching staff you have confidence in. During a VFU/VIL, placement, contact the supervisor at the location of your placement if possible.

Study counsellor 
Contact details for your study counsellor

Student health and safety representative or student union 
Contact details for the student health and safety representative and student union

If you do not receive the response or the support you expect, you can contact someone with an overall responsibility for your student work environment:
Contact details for staff with overall responsibility for your study environment